Saturday, December 18, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things...

The other day I watched 'The Holiday' and I think it has to be my favourite Christmas movie. I think I love it so much because of the soundtrack. There's something about the music that just gets me, you know? Hanz Zimmer is an incredibly talented composer. It's just so beautiful!

In Georgie news- she is 6 months in weeks now, but probably only really 5 and a half months. She is sitting up a little, but very wobbly! She is also so desperate to crawl! She's pushing herself around a lot but she gets incredibly frustrated when she can't get to where she wants to go. Her new favourite pastime is chewing paper, Christmas paper especially! I've really got to watch her now because if I don't catch her quick enough, paper becomes a huge slobbery choking hazard.

Yesterday I stumbled across this blog. It's really worth a read. The little girl, Amber is adorable, and it's just so amazing to read their journey with her. She has health problems and will be lucky to see her tenth birthday. But it's an incredible read, and her mother's faith is very inspirational. It's a story I hope I never forget, but I'm sure I will. It's funny, I wish it wasn't so easy to forget the important things... but at the same time, that ability we have to forget things we wish we would remember is also the same ability that helps a parent smile again after they have lost a child, or helps a child with a horrible past grow to become a happy adult- and I really wouldn't wish that away.

Anyway, today has been terribly busy (which is to be expected the weekend before Christmas) and this post has taken me all day to write and I am so exhausted! So it's off to bed now!

I'll end with more beautiful music, this is one of my favourite songs, done by the Vitamin string quartet who do their own version of many beautiful songs. This is 'A Bittersweet Symphony' by 'The Verve', I walked down the aisle to Shane with this song playing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...