Wednesday, May 25, 2011

News!

I've kind of got the opposite of bloggers block happening lately. I've got a lot of posts to write but don't feel like they're ready to be written yet. And there's a whole lot of stuff happening here lately so maybe I'll just catch you up on that first, ok? ok.

So.... I am pregnant again.

I am terrified, excited, exhausted. I hope all will be well with this new little one but must admit I'm a little daunted at the idea of having two children so close together. Georgie will be roughly 18 months when this baby is born. I'm about 8 weeks along and the due date was originally the 25th of December (!) but has been pushed back to the 2nd of January, however the sonographer wasn't 100% on that, he still thought it would be earlier so I'm not putting too much on that date yet. But after Christmas would be really nice. (You hear that little one?). Right now I'm not too sick yet, or at least, not really sick like I was with Georgie, but I am so, so, so, tired. However, I'm hoping that may pass (for a little while at least).

It's funny, we weren't trying but we weren't not. (If that makes sense?) We kind of decided to trust God. And, while I'm happy, because I know that this is his timing... I'm still a little overwhelmed. I knew that he would give us another baby when we were ready but I kind of thought I'd feel ready, you know? But anyway, I am very, very grateful for this blessing (because I know that this doesn't come so easy to many others) and am just trusting that He will help us through. I am also extremely grateful that a pregnancy takes 9 months! At least I've got a fair bit of time to prepare.... mind you I must admit that I'm thinking only 7 months to go! and freaking out slightly. But we'll just do the best we can.

Also, after being away for about a week and a half, Shane is home! It's so nice! I really really missed him, and am not sure how I'm going to cope with him being away so much (which is going to happen frequently in the near future).... but for now I'm just enjoying him. The poor boy is quite unwell, he's had a cold that has turned into an ear infection so he really needs to be at home taking it easy right now.

Georgie is also sick, though not with what he's got. She seems to have what appears to be a virus. But she is mostly just really miserable. She's had a lot of temperatures, and a bit of an upset stomach and is just so not herself. I can't put her down at all the moment. We've been to the Doctor and are pretty sure that it's viral but are doing a couple of tests to check (Also, how HARD is it to try and get urine sample from a nappy-wearing, 11 month old baby!?) But she is sleeping a lot, and I'm just hoping that this bug will pass quickly.

And.... I think that's all for now. I am so very tired and my bed is calling me. Plus I don't know how long it will be before Georgie wakes up again so I really should try to sleep while I can. But I wanted to catch up.

1 comment:

  1. AGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    Glad to hear that you are still feeling well, I hope that continues! Don't be afraid to cut corners, now is the time to take care of yourself, the play button on the DVD player got very over-used in our house during my first trimester (and that's coming from a mother who was so determined her son wouldn't watch any TV before he was 2!!).

    By the way, I also didn't feel 'ready' when I fell pregnant (got pregnant a little faster than I expected) and thought, "It's okay, I've got nine months to adjust to this". I'm almost 35 weeks and still thinking "It's okay, I've got, oh, five weeks, to adjust to this: :P

    Praise God for babies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...