Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays: Chicken and Potato Slice


This recipe is one that my Mum used to make. It is one of my favourites, I think I may have even requested it for a birthday dinner once. The name isn't terribly romantic, and I could be creative and rename it, but to me, it is Chicken and Potato Slice. And it is goooood. I don't tend to make it often because it's a little fiddly, but it is well worth it!

Chicken and Potato Slice

Serves 4

Ingredients:

500g chicken thigh fillets
3 large potatoes
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1 floret brocoli
1 floret cauliflower
1 onion
Garlic
1/2 cup grated cheese

For the sauce:

4 tbs butter
4 tbs cornflour
2 cups of milk (alternately you can use 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of chicken stock)
2 tsp mustard
4 tsp mayoniase
3 tsp sour cream
1/4 cup of grated cheese



First, put two pots of water on to boil. In one, place the chopped broccoli and cauliflower, and in the other place the potatoes slice thinly. Then fry chopped chicken fillets with garlic, chicken stock, and onion.



Once the vegetables are cooked, (if you hate washing up like me) you can re-use one of the saucepans to cook the sauce. Melt the butter over a low heat, then add the cornflour. Once that makes a paste, gradually add the milk while stirring. Once the sauce has thickened, add the mayonaise, mustard, sour cream and grated cheese.



Once everything is cooked, grease a baking dish, then place the potatoes on the bottom.



Followed by the brocolli and cauliflower.


Then place the chicken on top.



Finally pour over the sauce and sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese.


Then place the dish in a fan forced 180 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese is beautiful and golden. Hopefully something like this.


It even has the Georgie seal of approval!


Also, guess who is being a big girl and drinking cows milk?


Wohoo!!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the dish if you make it, we did!

2 comments:

  1. It is awesome but I don't remember mum using sour cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but when I made it the other day she told me the sour cream makes it extra yum... and she was right! It's not necessary, but nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...