Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 things you didn't want to know about me

Two posts in one day? I know right!? But I was tagged in this one by Jess at Diary of a Stay at home Mum. So time for some over-sharing! I have decided this will be a mix of things you didn't want to know and things that you don't really care about, because (a) honestly I am boring, and (b) I don't really have many juicy secrets.


1. Today I have found myself saying "Georgie, don't put the toilet paper in the toilet!" Never thought those words would come out my mouth, but Georgie has decided that the toilet is a perfect little baby-sized mailbox and tried to put a whole roll of toilet paper in there. Fortunately I stopped her on that one. Things I haven't stopped her with have included; a neurofen dropper, a book, a pen, and numerous toys. Fun times.

2.  Today I am going to do my best beached whale impression at the pool and am busting out the maternity togs.

3. Yesterday I had a slight panic attack when I thought that Georgie had swallowed a $2 coin. Thankfully, she had just stuffed it behind the bookcase... but that was a scary five minutes. (Best Mum ebber!)

4. Even though I've only got one child, I still have probably changed more nappies than many parents. I worked in childcare for 3 years, and in that time would have changed (at least) 20 nappies a day. So in 3 years I probably would have changed more than 4400 nappies. Plus, I have probably changed (at least!) 5 nappies a day for Georgie in her lifetime, which is about 2100 nappies. So, so far, I have changed about 6500 nappies.... and I'm not finished yet!

5. I was a cheerleader in high school... really lame I know, but at the time it was uber-fun.

6. Following on from number 5, I used to be able to do the splits. Pretty sure I'd break/tear something if I tried to attempt them now though.

7.  My belly has been dancing all day, I swear this baby is going to be an acrobat or a gymnast or something.

8. Some days I hear Georgie wake up, but I don't actually stop blogging/cleaning/reading etc, until she's really awake..... and cranky. Does that make me a bad person?

9. I sing loudly in the shower. In fact, I sing loudly everywhere.

10. My husband took an asian salad to work today that had like half a cabbage in it, and has now rung me up to complain about a sore tummy. He is so sleeping on the couch tonight.


Now I'm supposed to pass this on to 5 people. I have no idea if these people will even want to do this, so they can feel free to pass if they wish!

1. Amy at Things I Never Knew
2. Amy at Amy Lime and Soda
3. Crazy Sister at Graze If You want to, but don't eat dirt
4. Emma at Desert Ramblings
5. Cill over at Yes I said four.


Also linking up with Jess for I blog on Tuesdays :)

8 comments:

  1. Maybe this baby is just going to be a cheerleader like you!

    And I'm with you on waiting until they are really awake. That extra three minutes can be very useful!

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I don't know, could be dangerous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I attempted the splits now, I would end up in traction. no shit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i had to laugh about no 8. I have so done that before so definitely not a bad mum if there is 2 of us it has to be ok hehe I have 3 kids 2 still in nappies so i think my number would be up there too. Thats a lot of nappies! Im writing mine but im reading blogs instead cause im stuck at number 5 lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Point 8 has another raised hand! ALthough I have the added bonus that there is two of them so they can amuse one another for a little while longer.
    Also, you are the BEST MUM EBBER! In a non sarcastic way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played!

    http://johnsonfriends.blogspot.com/2011/10/ten-things-you-didnt-want-to-know-about.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...