Monday, March 26, 2012

These times, they be a-changing....

Life can sometimes lead us in ways that are unexpected. Things can change, and they do. Often.

If you had told me, a year ago, that I would have another baby. A boy..... And that Shane would be in Canada..... And that I would be so happy. I would have had trouble believing you.

A year can seem like such a long time, and yet feel so short.

On Good Friday, last year. I woke up and took a pregnancy test, and then went for a long walk to try and process things. I came home and told Shane I was pregnant. And I was terrified. Yet right now, Charlie is one of the nicest things in my life. Having two under two is not as hard as I thought it would be. Sure some days it is exhausting.... but it is also so great in so many ways.

In October last year, we were on holidays, when Shane got the phone call telling him he got a new job. We were stunned. We never would have believed things could change so fast. But they have, and although it is difficult.... this change has been good for us in so many ways.

I'm not a big fan of change. I like routine, order, consistency. I like planning, and knowing exactly what's  going to happen. But at the same time, often I find my life so mundane and stifling.

Sometimes we can feel trapped in life. I know occasionally I am conscious sometimes of a sense of heaviness when I look to the future, because it just feels so... long. And like so much hard work. But I don't know what the future holds. Some of it will not be good. But some of it will be great.

We don't know what the future holds. We can get excited about it, or anxious. But we live right now.


Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Matthew 6:34



 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfully said!

    As a mother of two young ones, twelve and a half months apart, I cannot tell you how much you have to look forward to.

    Being such a similar age, they just accept and love each other in such a powerfull way, the bond is unbreakable!

    Your beautiful little girl and boy will be thick as thieves before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the small age gap hard at times. Maybe hard is the wrong word though. Maybe just really busy and exhausting, but not specifically "hard". But at nearly 2 and 3, my three are the best of friends. They are great at entertaining one another, and also great at playing on their own as well, so no one ever seems to feel left out and everyone always has someone or something to play with!
    Isn't it funny how a year changes everything? You are doing such a great job, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep we never know what is around the corner.
    I never thought I would love having a boy cause they scared me, but as I was reading this, my little man came up and said 'can you guess how much I love you?'

    Change can be so good, Ed
    Evilly when it's in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...