Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy (Belated) Easter


We had a pretty quiet Easter. It was nice to just be at home. Shane and I have both been a little frazzled in these past few weeks. I had a particularly rough patch a couple of weeks ago, and have relied heavily on my Mum, who is amazing. So four days off to potter and eat chocolate and play and chase babies and be... was like a breath of fresh air. I remembered that I actually really do like my husband (which is always a good thing!) and we got to enjoy being Mummy and Daddy.

This year, I found myself focusing less on the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, and more on the joy and wonder of his resurrection, and that hasn't been a bad thing. It can be easy to only see the painful  part of what Jesus did. Now don't get me wrong, his death on a cross was so important, but what is equally important, is the fact that he rose again and he defeated death, forever. And this Easter, the wonder and power and joy of it all has just blown me away. I am so grateful.




If my heart is overwhelmed
And I cannot hear Your voice
I'll hold on to what is true though I cannot see
If the storms of life they come
And the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith,
I will believe

I remind myself of all that You've done
And the life I have because of Your Son

Love came down and rescued me
Love came down and set me free
I am Yours, God, I'm forever Yours
Mountain high or valley low I sing out, remind my soul
That I am Yours, God, I'm forever Yours

When my heart is filled with hope
And every promise comes my way
When I feel Your hands of grace rest upon me
Staying desperate for You God
Staying humbled at Your feet
 I will lift these hands and praise, I will believe

I am Yours, Yes, I am Yours
All my days, Jesus, I am Yours

2 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful blog structure! How long have you been running a blog for?
    you make blogging look easy. The full look of your website is great, as well as
    the content!

    Also visit my homepage reviews of wine coolers -
    -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty component to content. I just stumbled upon
    your website and in accession capital to claim that I get
    actually loved account your weblog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing in your feeds or even I fulfillment you get right of entry to consistently fast.

    my web blog hobbies for seniors

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...