Sunday, September 29, 2013

Life, lately



I use this blog as a brain dump. It's the place where I talk about all the stuff in my head, and sometimes (especially lately) I know some of that stuff has been a bit angsty (that is SO a word).  I'm finding it hard to strike a balance between writing things I need to write, verses writing things nobody needs to read, so I have been a bit quiet lately. But today I am here to tell you that things in Robyn's brain are not all dark and sad, I promise!


So I thought I'd share a little bit of what's been going on lately. I have been

  • Making so many salads. So many versions of this.

Though my version is not quite so pretty. [Image]

  •  Spending a lot of time on this website. It is so much more awesome than words can say.
  •  Sitting, waiting, wishing for holidays. 12 more days!
  •  Going to the gym regularly, and I am really proud of myself. I can feel myself getting stronger and faster and fitter. My progress is slow (it would be a lot quicker if I could get my eating habits in line too) but there is progress and it is good. It is also so good for my head.
  • Listening to a lot of Bastille. I do like them. If you are familiar with Miley Cyrus and her recent stuff, you will appreciate just how clever this is:

  •   Listening to a lot of wailing and squealing. Georgie has been the biggest drama queen lately. It's getting to the stage where Charlie just has to come near her, and raise his arm in a threatening manner (with a huge cheeky grin on his face) and she will run away screaming like he has stabbed her. I am trying to teach her that she has some responsibility for the way he treats her, and we are chanting "Stop Charlie! I don't like it!" often.
  • Spending a lot of time in water. We have been at the swimming pool a fair few times this week, and we have also done a lot of this:



  •   Making more time for friends. Getting to know new people who I really like.
  • Cleaning out toy-boxes and cupboards. Getting on top of the extra jobs. This weeks big task is to sort out the winter/summer clothes changeover.
  •  Trying to find the fun more. One very fun moment this week was watching my poor husband practice his diving at the pool. (He cannot dive. It is so funny to watch him try.) One particularly hilarious diving attempt has been giving me the giggles all weekend every time I remember it. Also, this:
Parrot boy.
  •   Leaving the kids with my Mother-in-law more lately. It has been really good (for all of us). I think it might be much easier to be a Grandma sometimes when the Mummy isn't around.
  • Still struggling hugely with being a less angry, less stressed version of myself. But I have also been sneaking into my children's room to snuggle and pray for them and love them after they are asleep. I am getting there. 
Sleeping princess



I am getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...